My Life In Congo

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Teaching, Training, Sharing, Equipping, and Preaching????

Well, once again I find  myself behind.  It has been several months since my last blog...so much has happened, I am not sure where to begin...

Aside from training in the primary and secondary schools, I have also been asked to train the professors for our Bible school.  It is our hope that in training these professors, that they will in turn train the professors of our over 10 extensions in Kinshasa and in the interior.  Although, I would love to travel to all of these places to do the training, it would be very exhausting mentally and physically.  Many of these professors are pastors of churches here in Kinshasa.  They know the culture, the language, and the way of living way better than I do and can reach so many more.  I do hope to visit some of our extensions in the future. 

I have also been sharing the love of God in women's meetings here in the city. The mamas are so wanting to hear from God and receive His blessings on their lives.  They run into obstacles daily with not having enough to send their children to school, or feed their own family. Through the Word of God, I have been able to help them see the importance of education in the home and finding answers to their problems. These mamas come to church each Wednesday morning from 6:30am-8:30am.  So can you guess where I was the last two mornings. I woke up without the sun, for the first time in a long time. (There is no daylights savings here.) What a blessing these mamas were!


Sharing the Word of God is something that I enjoy doing. However, I have been asked to preach in several churches the last couple of Sundays.  God is good!  He fills in where we lack! PTL! All glory to God! One church had more children at the beginning of the service than adults.  It was great to see them worshipping God and be excited about coming to church.  I found out afterward, that they had Sunday school before church started. This church of about 100 people meet in a school courtyard, where they set up each Sunday and put a tarp over the basketball hoop to keep the sun from beating down on them. It was a great group of people!
 
 
Here is also a video of my drive to a church service.  We were so glad that it did not rain, as we would have had trouble on this dirt road.
 
 
As part of training professors for our Bible schools, I had to meet with a colleague in Tanzania, who is the creator of the training sessions that are being used for the accreditation process.  What a joy it was to sit with Dr. Murriell McCulley and learn from her.  There is never a time to stop learning. 
 
It was fun to talk education in Africa with her.  She has been in Africa with her husband for almost 40 years.  They will retire soon and they will be missed.  Although, she has told me I can keep in touch, if I need anything.  Please pray for more teachers, professors, and trainers to come to french speaking Africa.  We need you!
 


In the next couple months, I will be training 20 professors will then train other professors in our extension Bible schools.  Please pray that the training sessions will be fruitful and that these professors, also pastors, would catch a passion for training others.

The next three weeks I will be teaching at the Bible school, as well as, doing another training session with the professor.  Your prayers are treasured!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home